Come learn about the challenges and opportunities of growing Hops, a new, exciting crop in Western North Carolina.
Topics Covered will include:
- Site Selection and Soil requirements
- Trellising Systems and cover crops
- Disease, Pest and Weed management
- Economic and budgets
- A rep from the Eastern Hops Guild will be present to discuss the opportunities for communication and advantages of cooperation.
- Current hops growers will be present to discuss their experiences!
Meeting Fee is $5. Payable at the Door. Cash Only!
Please RSVP to the Haywood County Extension Office:
Directions Link: http://www.ncagr.gov/Research/MountainResearchStationWaynesville.htm